Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Well, there's good news and frustrating news...

Good news - Christie saw the doctors today. She is actually dilated 1 cm. So things are starting... Slowly.

The frustrating news - The doctor said the The Baby is 8 LBS already, and they would not consider inducing for another 3 WEEKS! OH GEEZE!

The Sonogram due date is Jan. 5, but the original due date from blood work is Jan. 16th. WELL - the doctors will only go by the original due date! The way I figure it, The Baby will be about 10 lbs by that time. I am sure Christie will just be thrilled if that's the case!!! (Naturally a Lough boy with a big ole' head)

What to do you ask? WALK. Good thing it is unseasonably warm! We are going to go for walks and I will get the treadmill out in case of rain. We live on the 3rd floor so perhaps we can walk up and down the steps... We are desperate!

It is funny that everyone talks about us not getting sleep when the baby gets here. Poor Christie is uncomfortable and does not sleep now! But we are hanging in there.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Preston! I can't believe you are gonna be a proud papa. You have always been a great guy, and you will make an even better daddy! I've never met your wife, but if you love her she must be terriffic! Congratulations to the two of you!
Heather Porterfield